Are you tired of dealing with the same old issues that hinder the day-to-day financial operations of your business? In the fast-paced digital landscape in which we live, business-critical applications such as eBIS & OpenAccounts have become invaluable, allowing companies to streamline their financial processes. However, despite the undeniable benefits of these tools, even the most robust systems can face internal and external challenges.
Our user-friendly business applications helpdesk, Escone Assist, can play a key role within any business by providing all the support and expertise required to steer organisations back on track when these issues arise. Our in-house team of OpenAccounts and eBIS experts can have a positive impact on your business by tracking issues as they arise and putting measures in place to prevent them from happening in the future.
We have compiled a list of seven common issues and how our expert team can resolve them:
1. (OA & eBIS) Password resets: a common issue, not only in the workplace but in everyday life. Did you know that more than 50% of individuals reset their passwords at least once a month? While this is not a system-related issue, users forgetting passwords can have a significant impact on productivity and efficiency. One of the more common issues we see, it is classed as high priority by the Helpdesk.
2. (OA & eBIS) User maintenance: With UK employee turnover increasing by almost 8% in the last four years, conducting effective user maintenance in systems like OpenAccounts and eBIS is crucial for maintaining a reliable track record of employee access within organisations. Whether it be setting up a new account, disabling a previous account, or just simply adjusting the settings of a current account, it is good practice to follow a Principle of Least Privilege to minimise GDPR risks. Escone can analyse, help implement, and support profile-based user access, helping your organisation to maintain a reliable track record of all employees both past and present along with their access levels.
3. (OA) OpenAccounts imports: Some organisations receive vast amounts of data from third-party operational software, so it is vital that the route and the consistency of the data transfers are reliable. Even today, there are many companies which manually key an excessive amount of data into OpenAccounts – for example, organisations which purchase large volumes of products from specific suppliers may have price changes every quarter, six months or annually. In this scenario, we have helped our clients by building product pricing imports, subsequently saving vast amounts of inefficient employee time, and reducing the risk of human error at the same time. maintaining the integrity of the data.
4. (OA) Period End issues & rolling over to the next period: those working in finance will know the stress that comes with the period end. Our expert service can act as a ‘super user’, assigning an agent (and in some cases a dedicated team) to resolve any issues which are preventing rollover to the next period. Identifying root causes – unposted batches, daybooks that have not been run, unprocessed regular journals – is something that we have a lot of experience dealing with.
5. (OA) Adding/modifying a customer or supplier: when it comes to updating both customer and supplier information, data needs to be entered in a controlled process, especially with the increase in fraud and phishing attempts. We provide a solid solution to aid with these updates, ensuring that there are layers of approvals and checks, ensuring that your organisation maintains strong customer and supplier relationships, that the most accurate data is available and that individuals are protected from the accidental insertion of incorrect data.
6. (eBIS) eBIS fix items to manually assign requests / turning on out-of-office for people who have forgotten: when heading off on holiday, it is easy to have your mind already on a beach somewhere and forget to switch on your out-of-office. We can switch on the out-of-office of any individual, allowing outstanding requests to their delegate to be issued. In some cases, where delegates have not been configured, we can also manually assign this to any user that has been requested and approved. Need an example, click here: https://bit.ly/3Kkbj34
7. (OA) Design a new custom-made report for the customer (table queries): within Open Accounts, there is functionality available to allow for the development of custom-built reports (which can also be made available within eBIS for users that do not have access to OpenAccounts). These can be basic reports such as listing the company’s products or summarising cost and expense codes and would generally be handled by our Assist team. More complex tailored reporting can be delivered via our consultancy team. Regardless of which department handles the request, our teams understand customer requirements and develop reports that meet unique business needs.
If you would like to find out more about Escone Assist, click here >> https://bit.ly/3qbDfiu